Announcing the 2nd Oblate Lay Association Congress May 27th-29th 2022
The Oblate Central Government, in fulfilling a mandate from the 36th General Chapter, has organised a second Lay Association Congress.
The first Congress was held in Aix-en-Provence 25 years ago.
This Congress, to be called “Living as Oblate People”, is a Congress for all people associated with ordained Oblates and the Oblate Mission. It will be accessible to everybody online.
The event aims to share locally, regionally, and internationally the depth and variety of ways of connecting as a big family of lay Oblate associations all influenced by St Eugene de Mazenod.
Pauline Thomas, Gerard Bennett and Kirk Jacob with Fr Brian Maher OMI have been asked by the Provincial to be delegates for the preparation of the Congress, which because of the pandemic will take place virtually.
It is hoped that the main Congress in 2022, with participants attending in person, will be held in Germany.
As more information becomes available I will keep you informed of the progress of the Congress preparations, as it is my privilege to be involved with the Central Working Team.
– Mary Tyrrell
For more information, please see:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
Yesterday was the Feast of the Sacred Heart and today is the...
Today on the feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, we go...
Fr Terry Murray of Quex Road, Kilburn, leads us in our morning...