Congratulations from the Pope for the bicentenary A Letter from the Holy Father to the Oblate Superior General
Dear Father Lougen,
The Holy Father was pleased to be informed of the bicentenary of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate to be celebrated on 25 January 2016, and he sends prayerful good wishes to all of the priests and brothers of the Congregation.
His Holiness joins you in giving thanks to Almighty God for the many blessings bestowed upon the Institute these past two hundred years, and for the abundant fruits which your labours have borne. So that you may be ever more faithful to the charism of your founder, Saint Eugene de Mazenod, he encourages all of you to deepen your personal commitment to Jesus Christ, and to be men who always witness to the joy of the Gospel, “not only with words, but above all by lives transfigured by God’s presence” (Evangelii Gaudium, 259). In such a way, you will truly be co-workers with Christ and evangelize those who are most in need of his mercy and love.
Commending all of you to the intercession of Mary Immaculate, Pope Francis willingly imparts his Apostolic Blessing as a pledge of peace and joy in the Lord,
Yours sincerely in Christ,
Pietro Cardinal Parolin
Secretary of State
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
Welcome to our prayer this Sunday from the Sacred heart Church in...
Yesterday was the Feast of the Sacred Heart and today is the...
Today on the feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, we go...