A faithful friend of Quex Road Liam attends every funeral in the Sacred Heart Church
Liam attends every funeral in the Sacred Heart Church
Now there are many of you who may not know or have met this man that I am about to introduce you to.
There is a very special saint in my life: his name is Liam Gibbons and he is from Co. Mayo, in Ireland. Liam has a special vocation and calling for his life. He never misses a single funeral service at Quex Road Church, Kilburn. He takes off his hat and pays his respects both to the deceased and also the living in his own quiet, calm way whether he knows them or not as the case may be at each funeral! Wow! What a beautiful vocation to have.
Liam has been going faithfully to every funeral – rain, sun, snow, hail, windy weather ever since the years of 1974-1975! Yes, a great way to live the Oblate spirituality – recognising and celebrating the dignity of every human person.
Next time, you or I ever wake up in the morning and say to ourselves…”I really don’t know any more what my life is about…” or “life is not worth living”, then perhaps you could think about Liam and his calling to celebrate life, every life, by attending every funeral in the parish to pray for that person, acknowledge their life, and support their family and friends – and see if it makes a difference to your own outlook on life!
– Kirk Jacob, Partners in Mission Team
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
Join Alexa, and her son William for morning prayer in London today....
You’re very welcome to join the Oblate Community in St Mary’s Star...
An Ancient Piece of the Christian Heritage of Ynys Môn Christianity came...