Oblate youth missionaries preparing for Zimbabwe Getting ready for a month of mission experience in July!
This July, a team of 8 missionaries will, once again, travel from Britain and Ireland to Zimbabwe.
They will live there for a month, working in the Sandra Jones Centre (a home for abused girls), and witnessing to the work of WEFA – Water and Education For Africa.
Last weekend, they gathered in Inchicore for safeguarding and security training. As well as training though, the participants enjoyed getting to know each other and spending time together.
On Sunday, they had the honour of being prayed for at St Michael’s parish with a beautiful missioning service. Fr Louis and Padraig Corcoran offered a wonderful missioning, and the congregation gave a beautiful send off. The team gives their thanks to the parish, who prayed for them and wished them well on their mission.
These eight men and women will be representing the Anglo-Irish Province during their missionary experience. They will be spending their time helping abused girls understand their dignity and divinity, and in accepting that they are not to blame for their abuse. The team will be living out St Eugene’s call to see people first of all as ‘humans, then Christians, then saints’. Please keep these missionaries in your prayers during July and August, as well as the children they will be working with.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
June 5th: We invite you to join Fr Martin for a slightly...
We invite you to join Eileen McLaughlin, a member of the Friends...
Join Alexa, and her son William for morning prayer in London today....