Morning Prayer with the Oblate Family, Friday January 21st With Colin Izzard in Mill Hill, London
Friends, we invite you to join Colin Izzard, an Anglican Lay Minister from Mill Hill, London for morning prayer. Colin is a regular follower of this online daily time of prayer, reflection and community.
“Jesus went up into the hills and summoned those he wanted. So they came to him and he appointed twelve; they were to be his companions and to be sent out to preach, with power to cast out devils.”
Sometimes if we are in regular work, it can seem like there is so much to do so little time to do it, and each day can seem the same as the last. At the peak of his ministry among the disposed could that drone have happened to Jesus? He appointed his disciples to learn and inspire, and to carry on. He placed trust and confidence in people who would not have stood out. The calling of disciples still goes on. The fact you are starting your day with prayer marks you out as one ready to listen. We are called to be disciples and share the love of Jesus with those around us.
Thank you for joining us this morning.
Image Credit: “The Synaxis of the Holy and the Most Praiseworthy Twelve Apostles”, 14th century, Pushkin Museum (photo: Public Domain)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
Dear friends, please join Fr Oliver Barry OMI, Provincial of the Oblates...
Taking Part in the 2nd OLAC 2022 in the Anglo-Irish Province of...
“Living as Oblate People” Published on Thursday 19 May 2022 (with thanks...